Communicating with Parents
At Forbes Primary School parents gain regular information about their child's learning, progress and achievements in a range of ways eg class newsletters, communication books, diaries, student self-assessments, work samples, telephone calls, open nights, interviews on request. It is also important that parents keep us informed about factors that may affect their child’s learning and participation at school. There is a formal timeline for reporting to parents ie
- During term 1 parents will receive information about their child’s class program and organisation at Acquaintance Night.
- First impressions reports are given to reception students during their first term at school.
- Parent Interviews for all other students are held in term 1.
- Written reports are sent home at the end of term 2.
- Interviews are available on request by teacher or parent during term 3
- A final summative report in sent home at the end of the year.
A school newsletter is sent home fortnightly via the Skoolbag App and posted on our website. It contains information about the school's activities and achievements, diary dates, policies, decision making and student learning programs.